What is bearberry?
Everyone knows about herbal medicines, cosmetics, products etc. These items are reaction less and completely safe to be used. Plants used to make such products are known as herbs. Generally, Herbs are those plant species which are used to make high quality products. These products used to cure major diseases such as diabetes, typhoid, cholera etc.
Berries are grown in the Arctic and sub-Arctic climate and scattered in the polar areas of northern North America, Asia and Europe. The Bearberries are grown generally with high population in the Central America. The bearberry plant comprises the ingredients like arbutin, ursolic acid, tannic acid, gallic acid with some essential herbal oils likehydroquinones, tannins, phenolic glycosides and flavonoids.In spite of all of the medical qualities in this herb the leaves of plant are picked up during the summer no time is fixed as it can be done at any time and they are dried for the further use in the process of liquid extracts, in infusions, in the medical tablets for curing diseases and in the medicinal tea bags.
What are the benefits of Bearberry?
Below mentioned are some of the health benefits of bearberry:
- It plays a vital role in the treatment of
1) Urinary infections
2) Kidney stones
3) Other common diseases.
- It consists of two properties:
1) Excellent tonic for the body (for health tonic).
2) Antiseptic property.
- The bearberry medicine is developed from the dry leaves not from the berries of the plant. Bearberry is considered very useful in treatment of following problems :
1) To sterilize tract
2) Fluid retention
- The common dose of Bearberry which is generally prescribed:
Orally take 1 to 10 grams daily
- But it is very essential to mention, overdose of this may cause many side effects.
Use of Bearberry
As everyone knows herbs are remembered by everyone for their medical and curing ability against diseases like other herbs barberry also does the same. Bearberry is considered safe for the treatment. Some of the uses of bearberry are mentioned as follows:
- Bearberry does an important role in the treatment of the urinary infections, kidney stones, and other diseases. It is considered as useful in both skin treatments as well as a powerful body tonic. It is a major ingredient in the many cosmetic products due to its excellent antiseptic properties.
- Another major property of the Bearberry is it is a hypo pigmenting component. It is useful for those people who wanted whitening effect in their skins, treat freckles, age spots, or vitiligo.
- The bearberry along with other herb fights against the superbug.
- It reverses the damage which cause to the skin due to excess to the sun exposure which may cause the skin cancer.
Bearberry is one of the safest medicinal herbs but the overdose of this may cause many problems to the person like nausea, green urine, bluish-gray skin, vomiting, severe back pain, ringing in the ears.
- Bearberry should not be used by pregnant ladies.
- Ladies who give breast feed to their child
- This is not used in the treatment of children under the age of 12 years.
- The patients who are suffering from kidney disease
If the drug is taken in the undertaken cases may cause the urine acidic.