What is Willow Bark?
The willow bark dates are in use since thousands of years. People used to chew it to get relief from fever and inflammation. Even in today’s times Willow bark is used in the treatment of pain headache, and inflammatory conditions. It works as aspirin but it is quiet slow than the aspirin but its effect is long life.
It has numerous species and is native to Europe, Asia, and North America. Many researchers concluded that chemical named “salicin” is available in willow bark which is very effective in reducing the pain and inflammation. It is also known as antioxidant, fever-reducing, antiseptic, and immune-booster.
What are the benefits of Willow Bark?
You will be surprised to know that bark of plants is also used as a medicinal purpose. Not only leaves, roots and flowers bark is also effective of certain plants. The willow bark is used as a very effective remedy to cure many ailments. It has many medicinal properties. It has chemical called salicin which has working like aspirin. It is known as anti inflammatory, analgesic and useful in healing many other ailments. Some of the health benefits of willow bark are as under:
1. Head Ache – it is very effective for headache caused by the migraine. It naturally has properties of aspirin which help in reducing the migraine attacks.
2. Flu – white willow bark is very effective in the treatment of high fever like flu. It can lower the temperature if it is consumed daily as a tea. It is also good for immunity system. Even it can be a good medicine to treat common cold.
3. Heart Attacks – It is very good for the heart so it is drunk daily then it can prevent heart attacks.
4. Back Ache – even it is very effective in relieving the back pain. Some doctors recommend capsules of willow bark in the treatment of back ache.
5. Arthritis It is also good in curing arthritis. You can get rid of this problem by just taking 1 tea spoon of willow bark daily.
Medicinal uses of Willow Bark
It is in use since ages. It is recommended for patients who are suffering from pain, fever or inflammation. It gives relief from headaches as it has properties like aspirin. People who are prone to stomach upset should avoid it intake. It is also considered very effective to give relief from back aches. People, having extract from willow bark, get significant relief from the pain. It is also useful in relieving the pain caused from osteoarthritis.
Some doctors recommend willow bark to treat many other health conditions. Few of them are: Menstrual cramps, Fever, Flue, inflammatory, pain reliever etc. There are various medicinal uses of willow bark.
Children under 16 years of age should not consume it as it has properties of aspirin which can be dangerous for children. People who are prone to allergies and are sensitive should also avoid it. People with health problems like asthma, diabetes, gastritis, and stomach ulcers should also not consume it. Breastfeeding mothers and pregnant women should avoid it too.
It is considered very effective for the treatment of Back Ache, Fever, Heart attack, Migraine, Rheumatoid Arthritis, PMS and Menstrual cramps and toothaches. It can be found easily in the medical stores in the forms of pills, bark pieces, extract, capsule, powder and teas.